Do I need to install each version / build sequentially in order to update my installation?
How can I move my installation from one computer to another?
- Before you move your system from one machine to another always make sure you do an internal backup of the P11D Organiser for archiving purposes by pressing F3 whilst in the program and then clicking ok. It would also be best to make a hard copy backup of this zip file to cd, dvd or tape. This will just backup your data folder in the system not the entire contents of the system. P11D data does not have much of a footprint unless you are a very big organisation so creating a backup should not take long.
- Copy the entire P11D directory from the old machine and place on the new system. We need to copy the entire directory for a couple of reasons. The first is that the system contains a security database of all users, unless you want to recreate user access then copying it will retain all users, passwords and security rights in the system. The second is that any history of online filing which is contained in a WWWFBI folder in the system would be lost if you created a new system, it is a good idea to keep this folder so you know when submissions have been made to keep a history of submissions made. There are other files in the system that are needed as well for configuration so that is why we suggest copying the entire directory. You will need to make sure that all the people who need access to this folder get full rights to the new copied folder on the new destination.
- Get a copy of the latest setup files from our website always use the latest build which is always available at this link.
- Run the setup.exe and when you get to the four choices choose “Update my existing system” Point this at the location of the new system. This can be a mapped drive or a unc path to a server.
- Once that is done the server side is complete but you now need to connect clients back to the new database. Here are the instructions for doing that Link a client to a network installation.
When sending emails through the P11D Organiser, Outlook keeps prompting me to click “Yes” to a security message. Can this be avoided?
Software Registration Errors.
When registering your software, please ensure that the following fields match exactly on both your Software Registration Screen and your Software Registration Document:
- COMPANY NAME (Remember it is CaSe sensitive and must be exact)
- E.g. Trade Name LTD
- SERIAL NUMBER
- REGISTRATION DATE
- START IN TAX YEAR
- NUMBER OF P11DS
Once these details marry exactly, the registration will be accepted.
What are the minimum specifications?
Is the software approved by the HM Revenue & Customs?
Yes, all substitute forms (P11D, P46 (Car) P11D(b) & P9D) and Government Gateway / FBI technology are reviewed and approved annually by HMRC.
How do I receive updates of P11D Organiser issued throughout the year?
How do I increase the number of P11Ds on my licence?
Increasing the number of P11D licences is very easy to do. Simply call the Software Support Team on 0845 257 7113.
What is a Part 5 ITEPA 2003 claim?
A Part 5 ITEPA 2003 claim is a claim against expenses which are wholly and exclusively necessary for the performance of your duties as an employee. If you are not sure which expenses can be claimed, please refer to the HM Revenue & Customs Booklet 480 for further guidance.
If your expenses do qualify, please show the relevant entries in the required section. A form can then be produced with the Employee Reports section of the Reports Wizard which needs to signed by the relevant employee and submitted to HM Revenue & Customs.
What if the fuel is withdrawn / provided part way through the tax year on the employee’s company car?
Simply stop the car with the original fuel settings applied. Then re-allocate the same car to the employee the next day with the different fuel settings applied
Can I email P11Ds or Benefit Statements to employees?
Yes, you can email either individual or multiple employees from within the software.
Is dedicated Telephone Support available?
Yes, you can the P11D Organiser Software Support team 0845 257 7113. The Team is available on weekdays between 9am and 5pm.
The Resource file is not valid. Overwrite it with a new one?
This message typically occurs within Client / Server installations of the P11D Organiser. It indicates that the user attempting to run the product does not have full read & write access to the folder containing the installation.
To resolve this error, provide the user or group of users with Full Control of the folder containing the file p11d.exe